Have you ever gone into a conversation with someone and walked away with a completely different takeaway than they had? Sure you have, as have many associates proposing the purchase or sale of a business.
Providing a vital bridge between mere discussions and a binding contract, preliminary agreements including the term sheet, letter of intent and memorandum of understanding take vague verbal understandings and spell out the specific details of the agreement. They also move the transaction forward by specifying intent from both parties.
Without care and counseling, however, these agreements can become potentially dangerous traps for the unwary.
Offering a lively blend of overview and how-to, this program is taught by experienced mergers and acquisitions attorneys who will share with you their winning strategies for using these critical preliminary agreements to map out and protect your business interests.
- Overview and Types of Letters of Intent: Risks, Benefits & the Appropriateness of Each
- Binding Letters of Intent
- Non-Binding Letters of Intent
- Hybrid Letters of Intent
- Typical Binding and Non-Binding Provisions in Hybrid Letters of Intent
- Representation and Warranty Insurance and Interplay with Letters of Intent Provisions
- Use of Alternative Preliminary Documents Including
- Memorandums of Understanding
- Term Sheets
- Separate Confidentiality Agreements
Recorded during a live webcast in July 2018.