This course will provide an overview of the Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017 (the “New Tax Law”), how it impacts your personal tax return, your Law practice, and how you advise your clients. Join our expert faculty as we discuss such topics as reduction of the corporate rate, 100% expensing, Section 179 expensing and pass through entities. Also, learn whether you should change the form of your practice and how the new law will affect the choice of entity for your clients.
- An Overview of the Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017 (the “New Tax Law”)
- Corporate and Business Provisions: Pass Through Entity Provisions; Compensation and Benefit Provisions; Individual Tax Provisions; Estate and Gi Tax Provisions; Tax Exempt Organization Provisions; Other Excise Provisions
- How the New Tax Law Impacts Your Personal Tax Return
- Overview; Individual Rate Changes for Income and Capital Gain; The Increase in the Personal Exemption and the Elimination of Personal Exemptions; Simplification and Reform of Deductions; The Individual Alternative Minimum Tax
- How the New Tax Impacts Your Law Practice
- Overview; How the New Tax Impacts Your Business Tax Return; How the New Tax Law Impacts Your Law Practice
- How the New Tax Impacts Advice to Clients
- Choice of Business Entity; Estate Planning; Matrimonial Practice; Other
Recorded during a live webcast in April 2018.