Meet Sam Hodge
Sam Hodge uses video clips, animation, analogies, humor, and everyday language to address the issues that challenge you in your practice. He makes practical, case-clarifying sense of complicated medical injuries, terms and conditions. He provides the essential tools that you need to properly evaluate and articulate your case to make it persuasive.
You will learn:
• How to translate anatomical terms and use them correctly in your speech
• The difference between soft tissues-muscles, ligaments and tendons
• The different parts of the spine and their functions
• The parts of the knee and their functions
• Mechanism of trauma
• Medical diagnoses & how they are made
• Diagnostic tests and their limitations
• Back and knee surgery—performed before you via computer images!
• How to defend the back or knee claim—valuable advice to win your case
- Welcome and Introduction
- Ethics in a Medical/Legal Context
- Basic Anatomical Terms
• Key anatomical terms for understanding medical reports and diagnostic test results pertaining to the back and knee
• Differences between ligaments, tendons, muscles and fascia
• The components of a joint
- The Anatomy of the Back
• The parts that make up the spine
• Why physicians order X-rays, CT scans, and MRIs
• Spinal surgeries, including laminectomy, discectomy, fusion, foraminontomy, percutaneous laser discectomy and artificial disc
- Anatomy of the Knee
• What bones and soft tissues make up the knee
• Differences between the knee ligaments
• Types of knee surgery, repair & replacement
• How trauma happens
• Diagnostic tests of a knee injury
• Capitalizing on diagnostic images
Earn a “Medical School for Lawyers” Certificate!
Earn 24 CLE credits in three years from courses in our Medicine for Lawyers and Anatomy for Lawyers series, and we will send you a handsome certificate suitable for framing. Check out the “Resources” tab on our website for more information
Learn from an Award Winning Teacher
Professor Samuel D. Hodge, Jr.
Temple University, Dept. of Legal Studies
Samuel D. Hodge, Jr. is a professor at Temple University where he teaches both law and anatomy. Sam has been named one of the most popular continuing legal education instructors in the country, and he lectures frequently to attorneys, judges, physicians and governmental agencies on medical/legal issues. He is also a skilled litigator who enjoys an AV-Preeminent rating and was named a Top Lawyer in Pennsylvania on multiple occasions. Professor Hodge is also a mediator/arbitrator for the Dispute Resolution Institute.
Recorded live in August 2018.