As an expert witness working with attorneys on cases related to drugs, Allison Muller,Pharm.D, D.ABAT, encounters autopsy reports and other postmortem findings that are trying to tell the story of what happened to a person prior to death. Was there a drug overdose? Was a prescription medication responsible for the fatality? Was the person impaired prior to a fatal accident? Did use of a street drug contribute to the death? This one-hour talk will go over the basics of what attorneys need to know:
- What happens in the body after death?
- How do postmortem changes affect drug levels?
- What are the different sources of drug levels in dead people (and why are we testing eyeball fluid anyway)?
- How drug levels can, and cannot be, tied to cause of death.
- What other information does a toxicologist need to help you answer your questions about a postmortem case
Recorded during a live webinar in May 2018.