Examine Closing Documents and Discuss Troubleshooting Tips
Gain insights into ‘second negotiations’
After the initial terms of a residential agreement of sale have been negotiated, it’s time for the buyers’ due diligence phase. This is sometimes referred to as the “second negotiation.” This course will discuss several of the more common challenges that buyers, sellers and their agents face during the “inspection phase” of the transaction.
Geared toward real estate attorneys
This is intended to be an upper level basic to intermediate level course and is well suited for attorneys who have a familiarity with the Pennsylvania Association of Realtors® agreement of sale, title agents and approved attorneys, attorneys who represent buyers and sellers, and attorneys who represent or work regularly with Realtors®.
Home Inspection Law
• What is a ‘Home Inspection’
• What is excluded from the definition of a ‘Home Inspection’
• Who can perform a Home Inspection
Inspections And Contingencies
• What due diligence options are available to Buyers
• Home/Property Inspections and Environmental Hazards
• Other contingencies and their value
• Understanding the Contingency Period, Negotiating Period and 2 days
Agents, Agency And Duties
• General Duties of Licensees
• Duties of Buyers’ Agents; Duties of Dual Agents
• Designated Agency
(Not) Attending Inspections, Risk Or Reward?
• Attending versus Avoiding
• Risk management or risk enhancement
• Other inspections that may impact
• Deeds, Restrictions and Zoning/ Property Boundaries
• Good, Marketable, Insurable
• Title Defects
Recorded live in November 2018.