This course will provide guidance for attorneys, architects, and developers through the real estate development process as it relates to the preservation of historic properties.
- Basics of Historic Preservation in Pennsylvania: Substance and Procedure
- Key Issues in Effective Nominations
- Pennsylvania’s Environmental Bill of Rights and Administrative Practice
- Local Review under State and Federal Environmental Law
- Hot Topics in Pennsylvania Preservation Law
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Printed versions of the course book will not be distributed at the course; please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.
- Introduction and Overview
- Historic Preservation Law Practice in Philadelphia
- The Designation Process in Philadelphia
- Historic Preservation in the Commonwealth
- Environmentally Sound Preservation Practices
- The Future of Historic Preservation
- Q&A Wrap-up
Recorded live in November 2018.