Learn the Basics About How to Close an Estate in Pennsylvania
Seasoned practitioners will teach you essential procedures for closing an estate in this basic to intermediate level program. Understand the advantages and disadvantages of the methods used to close an estate, and gain the practical advice you won't find reading the Probate, Estates and Fiduciary Code or the Orphans' Court Rules.
Examine Each Step of a Formal Court Accounting and the Audit Process
- Learn the statutory requirements for filing an account
- Understand the nuances involved in providing proper notice to an accounting
- Know what forms to use and when
- Understand how to handle objections to the accounting and walk through the audit process
Get the Nitty Gritty on Family Settlement Agreements and Receipts and Releases
- Understand what elements are required in a family settlement agreement
- Avoid common mistakes when drafting a family settlement agreement
- Review sample agreements and discuss enforceable issues
Recorded live in March 2019.