Join the PBA Legal Services for Exceptional Children Committee and PBI for an educational program designed specifically to enhance the work of child attorneys, school district attorneys, hearing officers and advocates!
- Today’s most critical issues are explored by attorneys and professionals who practice in this area every day.
- The program segments are team-taught by a balanced panel of school district and parent/child attorneys. Gain the competitive advantage by hearing how a case is handled from both sides of the “v”!
- If you are a parent, this program offers you first rate instruction for advocating for your child.
- Hearing officers
- Advocates representing children, families, and school districts
- School administrators and teachers
- Anyone who wants to learn more about educational rights for children
- PaTTAN - Who We Are, What We Do
- Introduction to Special Education Law
- Medications and Students
- Year in Review: Case Law and Legislative Update
- Discipline of Students with Disabilities
- Overview of Ethical Issues for Lawyers in Special Education
Planned and Developed by the PA Bar Association Legal Services for Exceptional Children Committee
Who better to hone in on the most important and emerging issues affecting today’s special education law practitioner? The Committee members designed this agenda to highlight the most relevant legislation, regulations, and programs affecting exceptional children and their families. If you’re not a member, join today!
Recorded during a live webcast in October 2019.