Moving a project through the Philadelphia zoning process can seem like a daunting task. Whether representing a client who is building a condominium tower, starting a new business, or simply looking to renovate or expand a commercial or residential property, learn the ‘nuts & bolts’ of interfacing with the various city departments, agencies, Registered Community Organizations and the Zoning Appeal Board to get your client’s project completed. Explore the procedures and regulations specific to a locale and avoid common mistakes.
- Making Your Case Before the Zoning Board
- Opening Presentation
- Evidentiary Issues
- Pennsylvania State Local Agency Law
- Rules and Regulations of the ZBA-primer
- How to handle opposition from Registered Community Organizations - what to do and what not to do?
- Recent Development in Zoning Legislation
- How to Make your Zoning Application at L&I
- Recent Changes to Registered Community Organizations processes
- Recent Important Zoning Amendments
- Civic Design Review Primer (Conditional Use Permit or not?)
- Appellate Review-Recent Commonwealth Court Zoning Cases
- Significant recent cases in zoning law Things to know for taking an appeal to CP Court
- Things to know for practicing before the Commonwealth Court
- Case Studies/Panel Discussion
Recorded live in May 2019.