SO, YOUR CLIENT IS FACING FORECLOSURE…
And undoubtedly hitting you with one question after another:
- How long may I stay in my house if I don’t pay my mortgage?
- How can I avoid foreclosure on my house?
- Do I have to file for bankruptcy?
Whether this is your first, fifteenth, or fiftieth foreclosure case, this program will provide valuable guidance for steering your client through or around the foreclosure process. Stumped by what documents are necessary for each phase of a foreclosure? Our panel will de-mystify that, too.
The Real Property Foreclosure Process
- The pre-foreclosure process
- The foreclosure process
- Strategies for avoiding lengthy foreclosure actions
Alternatives to Foreclosure
Repayment, Forbearance, Payment assistance, Mortgage modification, Refinance, Private sale, Short sales, Deed in lieu of foreclosure, Homeowner’s Emergency Mortgage Assistance
Case Law and Legislative Update
- Key rulings, including the PA Supreme Court’s decision on notices of intent to foreclose
- Regulatory updates
- Changes to the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act
- The automatic stay
- Chapter 7 and 13
- Post-foreclosure sale bankruptcy filings
- Protecting the creditor’s position
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Printed versions of the course book will not be distributed at the course; please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.
Recorded live in November 2019.