Explore challenges in land use planning
Changing populations, economies and land use patterns present regulatory and community planning challenges for public officials at all levels. This biennial Institute is designed to help land use practitioners tackle those challenges head-on. Our experienced faculty will examine significant trends, recent case law, regional development patterns and regulatory changes that will impact the Commonwealth both now and for years to come.
This year's topics include:
- Recent Developments
- Statutory Interpretation of MPC & Local Zoning Ordinances
- View from the Bench – Hot Topics for Practitioners
- Ethics Hour with the PA State Ethics Commission - The Pennsylvania Public Official And Employees Ethics Act
- How to Stop the Madness with Multiple Plan Submissions and Double-Digit Hearings
- Burden of Proof
- Periodic Review & Revisions of Zoning and Comprehensive Use Plans
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Printed versions of the course book will not be distributed at the course; please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.
ProPass - Online does not apply to Institute programs delivered via webcast