Here is your chance to better understand the leave laws in Pennsylvania. The faculty will discuss the FMLA, as well as the interaction with the ADA. The local ordinances in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh will also be discussed.
- Proposed DOL changes to forms
- DOL opinion letters
- Recent case law
Paid Sick Leave
- Pittsburgh Paid Sick Days Act
- Philadelphia ordinance
The Tangled Web: The Intersection of FMLA, ADA and Workers' Compensation
Strategies for Addressing Suspected FMLA Abuse
- Certification Process Scrutiny
- Second/Third Opinions
- Post-Certification Leave Adminstration
- Surveillance and the "Good Faith Belief" Defense
- Proactive Policy/Procedure Changes
Recorded live in February 2020.