Lawyers think that prosecuting and defending the slip and fall case is easy, but there are lots of pit falls. This course focuses on handling the slip, trip and fall case from start to finish, while offering practice tips to new and experienced litigators. The course will open with an update on most recent Pennsylvania Cases in this area of the law; and will provide the audience with an understanding of how to handle a slip and fall case when the accident takes places on government property including litigation involving federal, state and local governmental properties.
Join course planner Heidi Villari and an experienced panel of plaintiff and defense attorneys as they lead you through the law, the mechanics and practicalities of handling a slip, trip and fall case - from initial client contact through depositions and settlement negotiations.
Get an Update on the Law
- Most recent case law update on premises liability
- New Jersey (Philadelphia session only)
- Review of the Law
- Joint and several liability
- Initial Investigation – Plaintiff and Defense points of view
- What information do you ask for?
- What documents must you have?
- Advising the client
- Explain your role and the terms of representation
- Initial document request
- Discovery Issues
- Electronic discovery and the e-world
- Social media
- Governmental Immunity/ State & Federal
- Federal Tort Claims Act
- Political Subdivision Act
- Taking and Defending Depositions
- Party witness
- Corporate designee
- Independent witness
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Printed versions of the course book will not be distributed at the course; please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.
Recorded in August 2020.