If the records are digital, shouldn’t that make understanding them easier and obtaining them cheaper?
Understanding and using electronic records can be a daunting task, hampered by jargon, abbreviations, unfamiliar words and various digital formats. Professor Sam Hodge returns to the dais with his unmatched energy, graphics-intense format and entertaining delivery to guide you to case clarifying sense.
- Re-organizing medical records to make sense for litigation
- How to understand electronic medical records and determine if they have been altered
- Common medication and medical records errors
- Spoliation, peer review, HIPAA mandates, and the crossroad of medical and legal ethics
- Novel court cases on medical records and tips on conducting medical research
- Practice tips and litigation references every step of the way
- Ethical use of electronic health data
- How to obtain and pay for medical records at a fraction of the cost
Medical and Legal Ethics
- The intersection of law and medicine
- Medical record protections
- Disclosure of private health information
The Changing Nature of Medical Records in View of Federal and State Mandates
- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
Obtaining Medical Records and Understanding Them
- Cutting through the red tap
- Obtaining records at a fraction of the cost
- Drug administration and e-prescriptions
Understanding Medical Terminology
- Understanding medical jargon and abbreviations
- Common mistakes made in recording and reading of abbreviations and diagnostic procedures
- Sam’s personal tips for understanding medical records
Types of Medical Records
- Medical record organization
- Emergency room record
- The admissions process
- Classifications of surgery
LEARN FROM AN AWARD-WINNING TEACHER
Sam’s Medicine/Anatomy classes are fun! He brings boundless enthusiasm and unique expertise to his seminars. His interactive presentation will hold you captive, as he takes you into the anatomy lab to better understand the terminology and tests intrinsic to medicine.
EARN A “MEDICAL SCHOOL FOR LAWYERS” CERTIFICATE!
Earn 24 CLE credits in three years from courses in our Medicine for Lawyers and Anatomy for Lawyers series, and we will send you a handsome certificate suitable for framing. Check out the “Resources ” tab on our website for more information.
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $30. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Printed versions of the course book will not be distributed at the course; please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.
Recorded live in February 2020.