Join us for this volunteer training and hear dedicated experts in the field of child advocacy explain how you can make a difference in the lives of child victims.
Learn how to:
- Become qualified to receive cases as a Child Advocates Volunteer Attorney
- Become certified to receive court appointments for Dependency Cases in Philadelphia County
Receive step-by-step instruction
Experienced practitioners will show you what to expect and how to proceed when you take a dependency case. They’ll help you understand your role and the ethics of being a Child Advocates Volunteer Attorney and teach you the Standards of Practice for lawyers who represent children in abuse and neglect cases, including:
- Juvenile Act and permanency planning
- Criminal prosecutions - emphasizing child in child victim
- Child development and communication
- Achieving permanency: advocacy in and out of court
The program includes multiple breakout sessions on topics relevant to the victims, their families, the court and you, the volunteer lawyer. A working lunch is included.
Ethics are integrated throughout this program. To receive 2 ethics CLE credits, you must attend the entire course.
Special Tuition for Child Advocate Volunteer Attorney* - $100. Use campaign code: CHILDADVOC
*Intended for current Child Advocates Volunteer Attorneys or those taking the course to become a qualified Child Advocates Volunteer Attorney with the Support Center for Child Advocates.
All attendees with receive the course materials as a digital download. These materials are not sold separately.
Cosponsor: PBI is pleased to cosponsor this program with the Center for Excellence in Advocacy of the Support Center for Child Advocates.