Join PBI for our 2020 Personal Injury Law Conference, bringing litigators throughout Pennsylvania under one roof to learn, compare, share, and challenge emerging developments, trends and practices in personal injury litigation.
This one-day event features four program tracks offering the latest in the areas most relevant to your work:
• Premises liability
• Product liability
• Complex litigation
Design your CLE experience, choosing from topics geared to the beginner and experienced alike.
Basic, intermediate and advanced sessions offer a balanced perspective, with both defense and plaintiff’s perspectives represented.
Top personal injury lawyers, judges and experts gather to offer an information-packed agenda of topics that zero in on your practice.
We bring you statewide geographic representation, plaintiff versus defense perspectives, updates on the many tangents of personal injury litigation, and trade secrets of the baby boomers and millennials, and the generations in between!
It’s all in the bells and the whistles!
Jury attention and retention is your goal: learn about the latest technological tools that can be employed in the courtroom to better demonstrate your case.
Stay on top of the issues that are essential for your practice
Take advantage of the variety of lectures, workshops and panels, access to the state’s most respected plaintiff’s and defense counsel and judges, and phenomenal networking!
The Schedule (subject to change)
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM PLENARY
- The Business of Injury Law (includes ethics)
10:15 AM - 11:15 AM WORKSHOPS
- Auto Insurance 101
- Pennsylvania Liquor Liability Law
- The Case Against the Trucking Company
- Medical Malpractice
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM WORKSHOPS
- Handling the Small Auto Case
- Hills, Ridges and Black Ice
- Train Derailment Cases
- Tripartite relationship among the insured, insurer and defense attorney: What you need to know as a plaintiff’s attorney
12:30 PM – 1:00 PM LUNCH
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM WORKSHOPS
- Interplay between Auto Law & Workers’ Comp
- Puddles in Stores: The Defense Perspective
- Expert, inspection and investigation in a products case
2:15 PM – 3:15 PM WORKSHOPS
- Crashworthiness of Automated Vehicles
- Building Codes, Safety Standards, and Related Issues for Premises Liability cases from the Expert’s Perspective
- Planes: Passengers Rights
- Prioritizing liability against multiple defendants in a construction case
3:30 PM – 4:30 PM PLENARY
- Diversity in the Practice of Personal Injury Law: Personal Perspectives
Sponsored by the PBA Civil Litigation Section , this Conference supports their mission to build community and a supportive network through innovative, informative and fun programming.
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Printed versions of the course book will not be distributed at the course; please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.