Join us for a interactive discussion about real-world ethical dilemmas affecting both lawyers and judges. We will explore:
- Issues involving civility between lawyers, both in practice and during trial
- Issues raised by Proposed Disciplinary Rule 8.4
- Problems (and solutions to the problems) that lawyers encounter with judges, both during motions practice and during trial
- Problems (and solutions to the problems) that judges encounter with lawyers, including their duty to recuse and duty to disclose
- Issues involving specialty appointments both of judges and lawyers (e.g., is there a code of conduct for mediators, special masters)
- Common inquiries by and about judges
- Optics that cause the most concern to lawyers and judges
All attendees will receive the course materials as a digital book. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Printed versions of the course book will not be distributed at the course; please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed version of the course book to be shipped.
Recorded in August 2020.