Join the Hon. Mark I. Bernstein as Moderator for an interesting discussion about Key Issues, Trends, and Hot Topics Impacting The City of Philadelphia, including:
The DA’s goal to drop low-level drug charges in favor of addiction treatment
- Shifting our culture to value justice for victims rather than victory for prosecutors
- Progressive reforms in Philadelphia’s criminal justice system, such as ending mass incarceration and a focus on serious crime
- The City Controller’s commitment to the efficient and effective operation of Philadelphia government by auditing every department, every year
- Restoring the public’s trust in government – good government – that works for the people by identifying waste and mismanagement, and rooting out fraud
- The City Solicitor’s goals for utilizing affirmative litigation to set public policy and a discussion of the most pressing legal issues facing city government in 2020
- The professional benefits of public service and municipal law practice
- The intersection and collaboration between City offices
- …and much more!
Recorded in November 2020.