The Event of the Year for every health law professional!
The Health Law Institute continutes to provide practical teaching with realistic solutions to everyday and unexpected problems in health law. Join us for this annual event (virtually this year) where health law professionals gather for a rich educational experience.
You have the choice to purchase only a one-day webcast of some of the most important topics to health law professionals on Tuesday, March 16, 2021 or the one-day webcast and 15 other one-hour "break-out" on-demand sessions. You will choose which on-demand sessions to attend virtually after the webcast.
One-Day Webcast on Tuesday, March 16, 2021:
9:00 - 11:00 am
The Health Law Year in Review
Charles Artz, Nan Halstead, Robin Nagele
11:00 - 11:10 am
11:10 am - 12:10 pm
The New Stark and Anti-Kickback Regulations
12:10 - 12:40 pm
12:40 - 1:40 pm
Compensation of Officers and Key Employees - Process for Determining, Reporting on the IRS 990 (ETHICS)
1:40 - 1:50 pm
1:50 - 2:50 pm
What Have We Learned about Public Health Emergency Law from COVID-19?
Tina Batra Hershey
2:50 - 3:00 pm
3:00 - 4:00 pm
Understanding the Clinical and Legal Implications of the Surge in Telemedicine During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Dr. Judd Hollander, Michael Cassidy
Virtual on-demand extra sessions (available in the webcast plus extras option)
- Balancing Resident Rights and Resident Safety in the Era of COVID-19
- Billing Company Contract: Accountability and Pitfalls
- Department of Health Update
- Department of Human Service Update
- False Claims Act Update
Pamela Brecht, Gregory David, Matthew Hogan
- HIPAA Privacy and Security Enforcement
Charles Artz, John Mayernick
- Interoperability and Information-Blocking: Compliance Tips for Healthcare Providers
Cynthia Haines, Elizabeth Hein
- Keeping Your Secrets: Practical Cyber Security Strategies for You and Your Firm
Mark Golicher, Jeff Miller
- Medical Staff Update: Hot Topics, Tips and Tools for Attorneys who Counsel Medical Staffs and Medical Staff Leaders
- Navigating Taxation During a Pandemic: A 2020-21 Tax Update for Healthcare Lawyers
- Navigating Vaccinations and Religious Exemptions under Title VII in the COVID-19 Era
- Price Transparency
- Regulating Hurdles for Offshore Health Care Services
- CARES Act and Other Government Relief Funding: Navigating Accounting and Reporting Requirements
Philip Koos, Mark Mattioli
- Too Little, Too Late: The Limits of Clinical Medicine in Improving National Health
Professor Barry Furrow
- What Is Left of the Affordable Care Act?Eric Knickrehm, Edward Leeds
ProPass - Online does not apply to institute programs delivered by webcast.
All attendees will receive the course materials as a digital book. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $80. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Printed versions of the course book will not be distributed at the course; please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.