With businesses shut down and unemployment at historic levels, individual and corporate clients are looking for guidance. The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act" or the "CARES Act” (and related legislation) offers a number of opportunities to get tax-favored loans and free money, push off tax deadlines and take advantage of expanded tax breaks. Many of these opportunities are limited, so it’s important to understand how they do (and don’t) work together.
In this session, we’ll focus on some of the tax provisions in the new law that impact clients, including:
- Small Business Interruption Loans;
- Unemployment Benefits For Workers;
- Stimulus Checks;
- Special Rules For Retirement Accounts;
- Charitable Contributions Rules;
- Payroll Tax Credit & Delays For Employers; and
- Net Operating Losses (NOLs) Expansion.
Recorded on May 7, 2020.