The coronavirus pandemic has shaken the foundation of societies around the world and is presenting unique medical and legal challenges.
This fast-paced, two-hour program explores many of those challenges and offers a wholistic view of the impact that the virus has had for both the medical and legal industries.
- Medical Overview: what is COVID-19?
- Legislation regarding the allocation of scarce medical resources
- Laws that come into play when a health emergency is declared
- Anticipated litigation post-pandemic
- COVID-19’s impact on employment law – Families First Coronavirus Response Act, Paycheck Protection Program
- Transactional issues relevant to insurance, landlord-tenant and business contracts — force majeure, frustration of purpose
- A Medical Overview of COVID-19
- The Legal Implications of a Declared Medical Emergency
- Civil Litigation Issues Involving COVID-19
- Contract Issues Involving COVID-19
- Employment Law Issues Involving COVID-19
Recorded on May 22, 2020.