During these challenging times it is easy to make mistakes. Unfortunately, those mistakes can lead to ethics complaints and malpractice lawsuits.
Josh Byrne, Chair of Professional Liability, will explore reasons malpractice is likely to occur. This includes:
- Difficulty following deadlines due to the patchwork of court responses to COVID-19
- Problems performing and enforcing necessary discovery
- Issues obtaining necessary expert support
- Problems communicating with staff while maintaining proper security
- The reality that there are economic incentives for malpractice actions during times of financial distress
Daniel Siegel, Chair of Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility Committee, will address the Committee’s ethics opinion on Remote Working. This includes:
- Making sure you create and maintain a secure and confidential work environment.
- The ethics rules that impact the remote work space
- Technology issues of which you need to be aware in order to make certain that you, your employees, and consultants are all following the ethics rules.
Sponsored by PBA Committees on Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility
Recorded in August 2020.