This two-hour seminar is the Can’t Miss CLE as we near the end of 2020! Come learn from leading trial lawyers as they share the secrets of their success. Heidi Villari of The Villari Firm, course planner, will present an interview-style webinar together with Nancy Winkler and Daniel Sherry of Eisenberg Rothweiler Winkler Eisenberg & Jeck and Andy Stern and Elizabeth Crawford of Kline & Specter.
The lawyers on the roster are experienced trial lawyers and skilled advocates for the significantly injured. They will spotlight their recent work in diverse areas of specialty, with a focus on pre-trial and trial advocacy.
The faculty will present an overview of trial work, and showcase the demands of preparing their cases. This course will cover tips on technique and strategy. The audience will learn how to make a good case better with be interesting examples from Medical Malpractice including the more difficult cases such as Birth Injury; and Complex litigation including Aviation crashes, as well as Motor Vehicle Crashes – Investigating all possible theories of liability, including Automotive Defect and Traffic Safety Claims. With the pandemic happening, diversifying your practice and shaping the case as an attention grabber is a key element to success. This seminar will provide an understanding of how experienced leading trial lawyers approach the handling of demanding cases that require tenacity in order to get the case resolved or tried.
• Investigation of the cases;
• Identifying the named defendants;
• Pleadings drafting and shaping the case;
• Discovery issues that arise; and how to make the best of your discovery time;
• The Almighty Deposition;
• Positioning the case for settlement;
• The opening statement and closing statement;
• Important trial tips including preparing your witnesses;
• And offering tips on how to effectively communicate the theme of the case to the jury.
All attendees will receive the course material as a digital download. Materials will not be sold separately.
Recorded in November 2020.