It is a sign of the times that litigation involving Excessive Force, Police Brutality and Prisoner Rights Cases is abound and inevitable. Such cases require an expertise in handling in both State and Federal Courts. There are many contributing factors that cause excessive force, police brutality and violation of prisoner’s rights. This panel of lawyers who include leading plaintiffs’ lawyers, civil defense lawyers and government counsel will provide the know-how to the audience in investigating, case selection and handling of excessive force cases, police brutality and violation of prisoner’s rights. This 2.5 hour course will split the hours between the Excessive Force Police Brutality cases on the outside and cover the prisoner rights cases on the inside of prisons. It will be a conversation-style lecture among lawyers who handle these cases.
Join Heidi Villari of the Villari Firm, PLLC as Course Planner who will present a panel of attorneys from both the civil prosecution and defense of these claims and lawsuits. Topics will include:
• investigation and getting the case;
• keeping the case alive- discussion on dispositive motion practice and early dismissal;
• The “Look-out for” update on Pennsylvania State Law and Federal Law;
• Areas of Inquiry during discovery;
• Illustrations of case handling from the panel;
• Plaintiff’s strategies and tactical pursuit during prosecution of the case;
• Defense strategies and tactical pursuit on the defense of the case;
• Discussion on development of theories in the case and defenses;
• Discussion on police procedure and training.
Recorded in December 2020.