Here is your opportunity to hear the latest on wage and hour law. Find out how workers should be classified under the law. Discover what consitutes "working time." Learn how to calculate overtime for non-exempt employees.
Classifying Employees and Independent Contractors under Federal and State Law
- Distinguishing employees and contractors
- Exempt v. non-exempt employees
- The latest on DOL "white collar" rule changes
- Other non-employees
- Joint employee issues
Compliance for Non-Exempt Employees
- Travel time, training and time spent on call
- Checking email and other time outside the work day
- Donning, doffing and other activities at the start and end of the work day
- Calculating overtime and exclusions from the regular rate
- Impact of bonuses on overtime calculations
- Pay at multiple rates
All attendees will receive the course materials as a digital book. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI customer service at 800-932-4637. Please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed version of the course book to be shipped.
Recorded in June 2021.