Moving a project through the Philadelphia zoning process can seem like a daunting task, especially in the new Covid 19 environment. Whether representing a client who is building an apartment building, starting a new business, or simply looking to renovate or expand a commercial or residential property, learn the ‘nuts & bolts’ of interfacing with the various city departments, agencies, the new Eclipse system, Registered Community Organizations, Zoom meetings, and the Zoning Board of Adjustment to get your client’s project approved. Explore the latest procedures and regulations for Philadelphia and avoid common mistakes.
Making Your Case Before the Zoning Board
- Pandemic Update
- Opening Presentation
- Evidentiary Issues
- Pennsylvania State Local Agency Law
- Rules and Regulations of the ZBA-primer
- How to Handle Opposition from Registered Community Organizations - What To Do and What Not To Do?
Recent Development in Zoning
- Update-Eclipse System
- How to Make your Zoning Application at L&I
- Recent Changes to Registered Community Organizations Processes
- Recent Important Zoning Amendments (Development Bonuses)
- Civic Design Review
Appellate Review-Recent Commonwealth Court Zoning Cases
Significant Recent Cases in Zoning Case Law - Things to Know for Taking an Appeal to Civil Practice Court
Things to Know for Practicing Before the Commonwealth Court
Panel Questions and Discussion
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637.
Recorded in May 2021.