Grim forecast predictions for 2021
The COVID-19 has hit all industries indiscriminately, most certainly the housing market. Healthy going into the pandemic, the market could see a 70% increase in mortgage defaults and foreclosures over the next two years.
Prepare now before that first case lands on your desk.
There are no predictions of a drastic downward spiral as was seen in the 2008-2010 recession, but the expected downtick is a wake-up call to prepare now to help your client through the difficulties that may be just ahead.
Join foreclosure authorities Stephen Hladik and Lisa Jordan as they review recent case law and share their experiences and recommendations for handling foreclosures in the COVID era.
- The basics of how foreclosures work and recent case law updates
- Current foreclosure “Notice” provisions
- What moratoriums are in effect (i.e., federal moratoriums, CDC eviction moratorium, county level moratoriums)
- How Philadelphia is evolving to handle mortgage mediations under this environment
- Foreclosures in the age of Zoom
- How Sheriff’s sales will work considering CDC guidelines
- Available relief programs
Recorded in December 2020.