The current Title IX regulations were enacted on May 6, 2020, effective August 14, 2020. April 30, 2021, marks 100 days into the Biden administration. Where is Title IX now and where is it headed?
The presenters head up Conrad O’Brien‘s Title IX, Due Process and Campus Discipline Practice where they represent university students and faculty members facing Title IX disciplinary proceedings or in suing their institutions for violations of Title IX. Ms. Hamill and Ms. Dakessian will discuss the sweeping changes outlined in the 2020 regulations as well as the climate on college campuses today in enforcing Title IX, the efforts by many universities to avoid applying the new regulations, and the expected challenges to the Title IX regulations promised by the Biden Administration.
- Current college environment for enforcing Title IX policies and procedures pursuant to new regulations
- Significant changes in Title IX processes under new regulations
- Parallel systems of investigation and adjudication: student conduct versus Title IX
- Legal challenges to the new Title IX regulations
- Department of Education review of current Title IX regulations pursuant to Executive Order 14021 (March 8, 2021)
All attendees will receive the course materials as a digital book. Course materials are not available for separate purchase.
Recorded in June 2021.