Since the onset of the pandemic, “business-as-usual” for law firms has been difficult if not impossible in nearly all aspects, including associate development, where person-to-person mentoring has been impossible.
Law firms have had to become creative in finding ways to engage their associates while fostering productivity, motivation and skills training.
What worked? What new schools of thought have emerged? How do you get started transforming your associates?
As firm management, we all share the same goal: Hire the best attorneys and turn them into the most successful attorneys. This program provides tips and strategies for achieving that even when most of your workforce is remote.
This “best practices” guide focuses on what it takes to transform your associates into effective lawyers and leaders both in and out of the office.
- Improving internal communications
- Minimizing feelings of isolation while working from home
- The feedback loop: are your associates getting and giving feedback?
- Encouraging social engagement and community participation
- Team building
- Achieving work-life balance
- Circle mentoring/group mentoring
- Fostering a robust DEI program
- Going for the “balanced scorecard”
- Emphasizing teamwork over competition
Co-sponsored with the Pennsylvania Bar Association Large Law Firm Committee .
Recorded in May 2021.