Buying or selling a business requires planning, patience and due diligence
In other words, it requires a plan and ideally, legal counsel. That’s where you come in.
The purchase or sale of a business is one of the most important transactions that your client will undertake as a professional.
Your comfort with the process and your skill at negotiating terms will be vital to the success of the deal. That’s where we come in.
This course and book will be your guide to understanding standard terms, navigating the more complex issues that may arise, and taking control of the process and keeping it on track. You will also pick up a few trusted strategies for successfully balancing the desires of your client with the need to carefully craft terms and conditions to avoid subsequent problems and litigation.
Your takeaways: you get:
- A thorough understanding of the process, from valuation to closing
- A refresher from Law School: learn how to successfully blend business judgment and the law with these transactions
- Practical advice on advising and representing clients—including often overlooked problem areas and potential pitfalls
- Strategies for identifying the special concerns of the client who is buying a business and the client who is selling the business
- For your office: the book, Buying and Selling a Business in Pa, 9th edition (eBook), filled with tons of helpful information—including checklists and forms!
A copy of the 9th Edition of Buying and Selling a Business (eBook) from PBI Press is included with your tuition.
Recorded in June 2021.