Crimes of violence against Asian Americans have focused our attention on the devastating impact of hate crime. Hate crimes against all communities are increasing and in recent years and months reached record levels. Crimes motivated by bias based on race, gender, gender identity, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or ethnicity continue to traumatize our communities.
In this program, the panel will examine crimes and threats motivated by bigotry and hatred and what is being done in response.
Join the conversation with our distinguished panel as they discuss:
- The difference between State and Federal Hate Crime Laws .
- The difference between State and Federal Reporting Laws.
- The remedies available for hate crime related conduct.
- The impact of hate crimes on the personal and professional lives of members of our profession.
- The individual and community response to hate crimes and conduct.
Recorded in May 2021.