Failure to file correctly with these new forms may have an adverse effect on your Chapter 11 case.
Important new procedures went into effect on June 21 — are you prepared?
Every Chapter 11 debtor-in-possession or trustee must file a Monthly Operating Report, which provides vital information about the case to the Court, the United States Trustee and other parties-in-interest.
On December 21, 2020, the United States Trustee Program published a final rule in the Federal Register regarding new streamlined, data-embedded forms governing the filing of pre-confirmation monthly operating reports (MORs) and quarterly post-confirmation reports (PCRs) by all debtors except those who are small businesses or who, in accordance with the CARES Act, elect relief under subchapter V of chapter 11.
Those new forms went into effect on June 21, 2021. The first MORs filed under the new rule are expected to cover June 1, 2021 through June 30, 20021 and should be filed on or before July 21, 2021.
Engage with USTP offices to learn more about the new forms and how to remain compliant.
Join US Trustee personnel for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania and the District of Delaware for this practice guide that will emphasize changes to applicable filing and service requirements for the new MORs and PCRs.
- A quick study of new forms: data-enabled and data-embedded pdf files
- How to find the new forms and instructions for filing the forms
- What you need to know about using the new MORS compared to prior practices
Bonus: earn an ethics credit with Ten Ethical Considerations for Your Bankruptcy Practice:
- Know your client
- Know your limitations
- Know the law
- Protect yourself with clear and complete retainer agreements
- Ensure accuracy and document your source for information
- Communicate with and prepare your client
- Don’t try to represent everyone
- Don’t skimp on the details for fee applications
- Always practice with diligence and candor to the Court
- Winning at all costs can cost YOU!
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Printed versions of the course book will not be distributed at the course; please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.
Recorded in June 2021.