The War on Drugs disproportionately harmed certain communities with punitive criminal sentences and barriers to economic progress. Now that cannabis has been legalized in some form in 37 states, it provides an opportunity to remedy some of those wrongs. This program discusses what works and what doesn’t work to ensure both Restorative Justice and Social Equity in relation to Cannabis policy. Among the ideas explored are:
- Criminal Record Relief
- Equitable Cannabis Licensing Systems
- Safeguarding the Access of Patients
- Homegrowing with Reasonable Regulation
- The Equitable Use of Cannabis Tax Revenue
- The Gathering and Sharing of Robust Data
- Proactive Programs to Reduce Stigmas
- Career Development Opportunities
- And More!
Recorded on Day 1 of the Medical Marijuana & Hemp Law Symposium in September 2021.