“In the hands of a competent estate planner, a trust can be an extremely versatile estate planning tool, limited in its use only by the imagination.”
Ted Perkins will provide a comprehensive review of the Pennsylvania law as it impacts the drafting, adoption and administration of trusts in Pennsylvania. Learn the basics of trusts and discover the practical ways they can help your clients accomplish their estate planning goals.
Discussion topics include:
- Essential elements of a trust
- How trusts are used in estate planning
- Requirements for creating a valid trust in Pennsylvania
- Duties and powers of the trustee
- Rights of trust beneficiaries
- Role of the courts in administering trusts
- Trust accounting and taxation
- Rules of construction of trust documents
- A guide to drafting trust documents
Special Bonus: Tuition includes a downloadable digital copy of PBI Press book #10946 Pennsylvania Trusts Handbook. The PBI Press book is available for separate purchase on PBI's website or by calling PBI's Customer Service at 800-932-4637.
Recorded in April 2022.