Join PBI for a fast-paced introduction to the practice--learn via skits and panel discussion!
Learn from real life scenarios
Relax in your seat and watch a typical comp case proceed from claim to negotiation to compromise and release. After each skit, the panel gathers for a lively exchange as the actions in the preceding skit are analyzed and evaluated.
Establish and revitalize your practice as you learn:
- How to conduct client conferences, depositions, and hearings
- How to use investigative services and the Internet
- What criteria a judge will use to decide a questionable case
- All about comp forms and filings—what’s required, when, and where to file
- Introduction to Workers’ Compensation Law
- Initial Presentation of Claim
- The Ruling and Appeal Process
- Other Petitions that Can Be Filed Subsequent to the Acceptance of the Claim or the Granting of a Claim Petition
- Filing and Litigation of a Modification Petition/Attempts to Limit Exposure
- Negotiation between Parties to Settle or Mediate
- Compromise & Release
- Questions & Answers
Make the book your preferred desk mate. It's a goldmine of information!
- The law and procedure
- Rules and regulations
- Internet sources
- A “jargon” glossary
- Sample documents!
Ethics information has been integrated throughout this program. To receive ethics credit, you must attend the entire course.
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637.
Recorded in March 2022.