In July 2021, President Biden signed a sweeping executive order to promote more competition in the American economy. Among other things, this order encourages the FTC to ban or limit non‐compete agreements. How is this impacting Pennsylvania employment practices?
This panel delves into this timely topic, first with an overview of restrictive covenants and no‐poach agreements, then with a micro and macro study of how Pennsylvania and other states are addressing restrictive covenants and non‐competes under the new federal guidelines.
- Purpose of restrictive covenants in employment agreements
- Types of Restrictive Covenants
- What are “no poach” agreements?
- Other protections for employers, including the Federal Defend Trade Secrets Act, state statutory
trade secret protections and common law protections
- Federal status of non‐competes
- State law updates on restrictive covenants/non‐competes
- No‐poach agreements
Recorded at Day One of the Business Law Institute in November 2021.