America’s senior population, especially those living in long-term care facilities, took the brunt of Covid’s heavy hit on health and life expectancy. Many of those facilities are now the subject of legal actions challenging the level of care provided during the pandemic.
Many of these issues, including staffing shortages, neglect, oversight and accountability, have long predated Covid.
Review recent litigation and practices to help you manage your next case.
A forum for group discussion and analysis, this seminar walks you through practical considerations for taking, preparing and defending a case against a long-term care facility. Learn from trailblazers in this industry, as they show you how to use the changing landscape to better represent your clients.
Prosecuting & Defending a Long-Term Care Case
- Plaintiff’s Counsel: Initial Steps
- From the First Phone Call: Considerations for Accepting a Case
- Record Review: Narrow vs. Broad View
- Lessons Learned: Pleadings, Discovery, Trial
- Defense Counsel: The First 90 Days After Receipt of a Complaint
- Finding and understanding the hidden details in the modern medical record
- Meeting with staff
- Developing your defense strategy
Corporate Negligence Claims
The Internet Is Your Friend: Identifying Resources To Help Your Case
Virtual Technology in Long-Term Care
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download.
Recorded in April 2022.