Is your client looking to relocate, expand, or successfully establish a startup?
Before a business plan can be finalized, your client will have to decide which state will be the official, legal home for the business. Choosing the best state for your client’s business needs can depend on several factors, including the complexity of the business, the economic climate of the state, and tax benefits.
This program examines the advantages and disadvantages of incorporation in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. For the novice and more experienced alike, this course provides and reinforces a solid foundation to help you best advise your client.
- General Introduction – How and Why Choosing a State of Incorporation/Formation Matters
- Basic Incorporation/Formation Requirements, Including Organizational Structure and Formalities
- State Tax Issues
- Claims Against Owners/Management
- Investor Preferences/Requirements
- Entities for Particular Purposes
- Conversion (From One Type of Entity to Another)
- Other Considerations and Issues (Including Dissolution)
All attendees will receive the course book as a digital download. A printed copy of the course book is available, at a discount to attendees, for $40. Additional copies are available at full price. If you wish to purchase the printed version of the course book, please call PBI Customer Service at 800-932-4637. Please allow up to two weeks after the program for the printed versions of the course book to be shipped.
Recorded in April 2022.