From design to completion, this book is your guide to best practices in every phase of construction. This second volume covers sophisticated issues in construction law practice, including problems encountered in public-private partnerships, bankruptcy, liability of design professionals, and green building. Each chapter contains expert analysis and practical advice on every critical issue you’ll encounter, fast and easy access to key statutes and cases, and time-saving research tools.
Summary of Contents
1. Public Construction in Pennsylvania
2. Design-Build Delivery Systems in Pennsylvania
3. Public–Private Partnerships
4. Pennsylvania's Uniform Construction Code
5. Environmental Regulations and Contract Provisions Impacting Construction Project Activities in Pennsylvania
6. Design Professional Liability
7. Differing Site Conditions
8. Labor Relations Issues in Construction
9. Damages, Remedies, and Alternative Dispute Resolution Under Pennsylvania Law
10. Federal Bankruptcy Cases in the Construction Context
11. Tort Actions Arising on Construction Projects
12. The Challenges of Green Design and Construction
• Index of Cases
• Index of Statutes
• Subject Index
Automatic Update ServiceThis book is included in PBI’s automatic update service.
PBI will publish supplements or new editions as appropriate to keep the book up to date.
We will send you a notice when a new edition is available.
You will then have the option to purchase the supplement or new edition at a discounted rate or decline the offer, with no further obligation.
If you would like to opt out of the automatic update service, log in to your PBI account, click on Your Account and select Account Home.
Then, click on Automatic Update Products. If you do not wish to receive automatic updates for any product, uncheck the box next to that product.
If you would like to opt in to the automatic update service for any product, check the box next to that product.