Learn the “best practices” computer and technical strategies for protecting customer lists, manufacturing processes, business plans and other proprietary information. Know how to advise your client about hacking and cybersecurity. Understand employment contract approaches, and the latest developments in trade secret laws. Pick up key contracting strategies for both sellers and buyers of goods and services, such as: contract drafting and structure strategies, liability and damage limitations, breach of contract and collection issues, and litigation versus arbitration/mediation.
Table of Contents
Employment Law and Compliance Issues
- Sample Report for Compliance and Employment Related Allegations From A Third-Party
Best Practices for the Protection of Confidential and Proprietary Information in the Digital
- New York State Department of Financial Services 23 NYCRR 500 Cybersecurity Requirements for Financial Services Companies
- The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
- ABA Formal Opinion 483 October 17, 2018 Lawyers’ Obligations After an Electronic Data Breach or Cyberattack
- “Worried About Complying with ABA Opinion 483 on Cybersecurity? Fear No More”
- USA v. Paige A. Thompson
Minimizing Commercial Litigation Risks
- Restrictive Covenants
- Limitation of Liability and Exculpatory Clauses
- How Do I Begin Planning for A Successor?
- How Do I Identify the Right Candidate(s)?
- What Does A Succession Plan Include?
- How Will You Know It’s Working?
Appendix: Succession Plan Development Strategies for Successful Business Transition (Slides)