Wage and hour laws are complex and can be difficult to understand. The information in this manual will bring you up-to-date on the latest developments, tactics and strategies in wage and hour practice. These materials deal with classifying employees as exempt or non-exempt. You will also learn how to distinguish employees and independent contractors and understand compensable time for the non-exempt employees. Ethical issues involved in wage and hour practice are addressed as well.
Summary of Contents
- White Collar Exemptions to the Overtime Provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and Pennsylvania Minimum Wage Age
- Challenges to Independent Contractor Status, Unpaid Interns and Joint
- Employment Under Federal and State Law
- Paying Non-Exempt Employees Correctly
- Ethical Issues in Wage and Hour Litigation and Compliance