On January 1, 2020, the government put an end to the greatest tax break for IRAs and retirement accounts by killing the "stretch IRA." No longer will your heirs be able to defer tax on Inherited IRA benefits over their lifetime. The SECURE Act will require your children and grandchildren to pay taxes on your IRA and retirement plan within 10 years of your death. A more appropriate name for this law would be the Extreme Death-Tax for IRA and Retirement Plan Owners Act. Discover peer-reviewed and proven strategies that could shield your financial legacy from these devastating changes in the tax laws and explore how you can reduce the impact of the SECURE Act for you and your family.
Summary of Contents
- Attorney’s Guide to Beating the New Death Tax
- Explanation of SECURE ACT, Roth IRAs, Optimizing Social Security
- The Best Social Security Strategies
- The Best Estate Plan for Attorneys After the SECURE Act
- Who Says You Can’t Control from the Grave? Using Trusts to Protect Your Family
- Appendix: James Lange’s Free Copies of Three of His Bestselling Books