Designed for parent and child attorneys, school district attorneys, special education hearing officers, parents and advocates, this “Snapshots” book offers a focused look at several critical topics you will undoubtedly encounter in your practice, including evaluating ELL students for special education; federal law and email maintenance; dyslexia, learning disabilities, and PSW identification models; transitioning to adult services; behavior response, discipline, and involvement of law enforcement; and addressing school avoidance and anxiety.
Summary of Contents
- Learning Disability or Language Difference? – Evaluating ELL Students for Special Education
- Federal Law and the Art of Email Maintenance: When Must Emails Be Produced under IDEA and FERPA
- Dyslexia, Learning Disabilities and PSW Identification Models
- Planning for Transition into Adulthood for Adolescents with Special Needs
- Behavior Response, Discipline and the Involvement of Law Enforcement – Narrative Supplement
- Getting Students Back to School: Addressing School Avoidance and Anxiety