Prefer an e-reader format? Check out the popular eBook.
Review both the basic and complex issues regarding the privilege
- Analyze the purpose of the privilege and its elements
- Distinguish the privilege from the work-product doctrine
- Understand the privilege both in the corporate context and when an insurer is involved
- Learn about the risks of inadvertent waiver
Master effectively advising clients to preserve the privilege
- Learn how to establish, maintain, and protect the privilege
- Understand when the privilege does not apply so you can counsel your clients accordingly
- Avoid waiver or limit its impact
- Protect the privilege even when using email
Get up to speed on the most recent developments
- The "functional equivalent" doctrine
- Privilege issues in shareholder derivative actions
- Communications with former employees of a corporate client
- The "at-issue" and testamentary exceptions
- Plus waivers, tactical waivers, work-product waivers, choice of law, and in camera reviews
Table of Contents
7. For Purposes of Legal Advice
9. Practice and Procedure
10. Email and the Attorney-Client Privilege
11. Miscellaneous—Attorney-Client Privilege
12. Work Product
13. Insurance: Attorney-Client Privilege and Work-Product Issues
Table of Cases
Automatic Update ServiceThis book is included in PBI’s automatic update service.
PBI will publish supplements or new editions as appropriate to keep the book up to date.
We will send you a notice when a new edition is available.
You will then have the option to purchase the supplement or new edition at a discounted rate or decline the offer, with no further obligation.
If you would like to opt out of the automatic update service, log in to your PBI account, click on Your Account and select Account Home.
Then, click on Automatic Update Products. If you do not wish to receive automatic updates for any product, uncheck the box next to that product.
If you would like to opt in to the automatic update service for any product, check the box next to that product.