This volume highlights various issues and strategies for clients and their families when planning for long-term care, including a review of eligibility rules, spend-down techniques, asset transfer rules and strategies, annuities and other planning techniques, and practical tips to avoid common mistakes.
Summary of Contents
- Medicaid Program and Eligibility Requirements
- Planning for Medicaid Ahead of Time
- Planning for Assets When the Need for Nursing Home Care Is Urgent
- Using Trusts When Planning for Medicaid
- Why Am I Being Sued for My Parents’ Nursing Home Bill?