Virtually every employer will have a “problem” employee at some time. Problem employees can be very costly to businesses. These issues have been amplified during the current COVID-19 pandemic. In these course materials, you will learn about the hiring process, job descriptions, employee handbooks and policies, typical problems during employment, strategies for addressing these problems and best practices when terminating the employment relationship. These materials are designed to help you understand the employment laws and best practices to follow when creating an action plan that both complies with the law and achieves the organization’s operational needs.
Summary of Contents
- Supplement on Leave During the Pandemic
- Additional Workplace Issues Related to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Pre-Employment: Avoiding Problem Employees
- During Employment: Establishing the Requirements of the Job
- During Employment: Typical Problems and Addressing Problems
- Terminating Employment