These course materials accompany the 2021 Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section Retreat. Courses offered this year range from old favorites, such as the annual updates on probate and real estate law, to unique opportunities to learn from a member of the bench and an official from the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue. We also continued to look at the intersection and law and technology with electronic estate planning documents, the continued effects of the pandemic on leasing and other developments in law for both “death” and “dirt” practitioners.
Summary of Contents
- View from the Judge’s Chair – The Intersection of Nonprofit Law and Real Property. The Case of the Painted Bride
- Unauthorized Practice of Law
- Practicalities of Remote Online Notarization in Pennsylvania - Slides
- Annual Update on Probate Law
- Annual Update on Real Estate Law
- PA Department of Revenue: What are they Doing?
- Residential and Commercial Leasing in the Age of COVID
- Estate Planning Benefitting Persons with Special Needs
- Collision of Privacy and Security: Pennsylvania’s Digital Assets Act
- The Abandoned and Blighted Property Conservatorship Act
- Everyday Ethics Issues for Real Estate and Estate Planning Lawyers