The Alzheimer's Association's 2021 Facts and Figures are out, and they're sobering:
- More than 6 million Americans are living with Alzheimer's Disease
- Alzheimer’s and dementia deaths have increased by 16% during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Alzheimer's is the 6th leading cause of death in the U.S.
Whether you are in a position to provide counsel to a patient or family, or dementia has touched your social circle personally, this book provides essential guidance to navigating the uncertain course that is Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
Summary of Contents
- The Science of Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias
- The Alzheimer’s Association: How the Disease Affects Families, Available Services and Resources
- Medicare and Medicaid: A Primer
- Estate Planning for the Alzheimer’s Patient