These Institute materials are for everyone affiliated with the nonprofit world and those interested in starting a nonprofit organization. You will learn about the latest developments in nonprofit law, how to spot issues when serving on a nonprofit board, and ethical issues for those serving on nonprofit boards. Among the other topics covered are the fundamentals of tax-exempt entities, fiscal sponsorship, political activity, cryptocurrency, impact investing, joint ventures with for-profits, real estate matters, dissolution, and so much more.
Summary of Contents
- The Lawyer on the Board: Issue Spotting
- The Role of the Lawyer on a Nonprofit Board – “What Should Larry Do?”
- Hot Topics for Nonprofits
- Impact Investing
- Dissolving a Pennsylvania Nonprofit Corporation
- Cryptocurrency and Compliance
- Fiscal Sponsorship
- Hearing from the Regulators
- So You Wanna Be a 501(c)?
- Coping With (and Preparing for) Nonprofit Life Cycle Changes
- Real Estate Matters for Pennsylvania Nonprofits
- Nonprofit/For-Profit Relationships
- Lobbying and Electioneering for Nonprofits
- Joint Ventures with For-Profits