This course will show you how to evaluate a case to determine if you need to open an estate and if it is safe to simply “walk away” from a decedent’s creditors. This book covers small estates, legislative updates, and payment and special considerations. Also covered is how to identify an insolvent estate and the issues that are involved.
Highlights from the Table of Contents:
- Statutory Exceptions for Small Estates and Certain Assets
- Beginning with the End in Mind: Should Your Client Administer the Estate?
- Small Estate Petitions under § 3102
- Dealing with Creditors' Claims
- Protecting the Personal Representative
- Distribution of Estates and Abatement
- Closing the Small or Insolvent Estate
- Reasonableness of Fees
- Decedent in Bankruptcy
- Unfair Debt Collection Practice
- Medical Assistance Estate Recovery